JE’s new line of 4032 forged pistons for air-cooled Porsche engines are designed to be the perfect performance complement for almost any Porsche project. See what this means for your build here.
JE Pistons is certainly no stranger to air-cooled Porsche engines, considering we’ve been offering pistons for these for over 30 years. Now, we’re excited to announce a brand-new line of pistons manufactured from 4032 alloy, offering drop-in compatibility with any OEM or aftermarket barrel for your classic Porsche build. Get the full scoop on this piston line in this video, and see all the additional performance and durability features incorporated into these pistons below.
What makes these pistons ideal for your air-cooled Porsche build? Well, if you didn’t watch the video, we’ll spell it out for you.
- Forged, 4032 aluminum construction allows for drop-in compatibility with any OEM or aftermarket style barrel•Designed specifically for restoration builds, road racing, and street use
- Reduced thermal expansion aids in quieter operation and allows for tighter, factory-spec clearances
- 10:1 compression ratio designed to serve original, naturally aspirated builds
- Covers 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.7, 3.0, 3.2, and 3.6L applications
- Offered in various bore sizes to accommodate a wide range of builds
- Accumulator grooves to help reduce pressure below the top ring, reducing ring fluttering and improving ring seal
- Contact reduction grooves reduce operating friction and minimize unwanted pressure
- Double broach and double forced pin oilers for maximum wrist pin lubrication
- Equipped with low-friction skirt coating, reducing wear and operating noise
- Every part number includes wrist pins, locks, and JE Pro Seal premium piston rings